Expert tips for soft, moisturised skin this winter
As winter descends, so does the challenge of maintaining that coveted soft, supple skin. The colder months often bring dryness and rough patches, but fear not! Our experts have unveiled a trove of secrets to keep your skin as smooth as silk, regardless of the frosty weather.
1. Switch to Creamy Cleansers: Swap your gel or foam cleansers for creamy, hydrating alternatives. These cleansers gently rid your skin of impurities while preserving its natural oils. Some products we love for this are the Declaré Gentle Cleansing Milk, Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Cleanser, Embryolisse Milky Makeup Remover, and The INKEY List Oat Cleansing Balm.
2. Layer Up on Moisture: Embrace richer, heavier moisturisers during winter to help protect your skin and keep it comfortable. Apply your moisturiser immediately after cleansing while the skin is still slightly damp to seal in the hydration. Moisturisers we like, especially for the winter months, include ARTDECO Hyaluronic Nutri Mousse with Ginseng, Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturiser and Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance . These powerful formulas include skin loving, skin soothing ingredients to ensure happy, healthy skin even in cooler weather.
3. Supercharge your routine with serums: Incorporate hydrating serums into your routine, such as those containing hyaluronic acid or vitamin C. These potent ingredients work wonders in retaining moisture and boosting skin elasticity, improving skins overall radiance. Serums we recommend for these reasons are Declaré Oceans Best Triple Hyaluronic Serum, ARTDECO Hyaluronic Intensive Serum, and Dermalogica BioLumin C Serum.
4. Add facial oils to your regimen: Facial oils provide an additional layer of protection against the cold, locking in moisture and replenishing your skin’s lipid barrier. Apply a few drops after your moisturiser for a sealing effect. We especially love The INKEY List Rosehip Oil which is great for all skin types and full of essential fatty acids, Omega-6 and skin beneficial vitamins.
5. Revitalise your skin with masks: Take some time to relax and indulge in hydrating masks at least once a week, or whenever you need a boost of moisture. Hello Sunday The Recovery One Glow Face Mask contains cica for its skin healing abilities and its positive effect on strengthening the skin’s barrier, oat prebiotics to improve the health of your skin’s barrier, inhibit the growth of pathogens, and reduce inflammation, and pro Vitamin D to enhance the skin’s natural vitamin D production (without any exposure to the sun!).
6. Pay special attention to your eyes: The skin around the eyes is thinner and more sensitive than the rest of the face, making it prone to dehydration. Factors like harsh winds and indoor heating systems exacerbate this dryness which is where an eye cream comes in. It’s richer, emollient formula is specifically designed to deeply hydrate and protect this delicate skin, combating dryness and revitalising the under-eye area, ensuring a bright, supple look even in the harshest of winter conditions. Try the ARTDECO Hyaluronic Intensive Eye Gel or Hello Sunday The One For Your Eyes Eye Cream.
7. Don’t forget about your lips: Your lips are often the first place to be impacted by the changing of the seasons, becoming dry, flaky and uncomfortable. Use an emollient lip balm to protect and moisturise throughout the day. Hello Sunday The One For Your Lips contains Shea butter and hyaluronic acid to keep your lips kissable and comfortable.
Winter doesn’t have to equate to dry, lackluster skin. With these expert tips, you’ll emerge from the season with a radiant, hydrated complexion that can easily withstand the elements. Say goodbye to your winter skin woes and embrace the season with glowing, touchably soft skin!